Wade's Thanksgiving Recipes

Wade's Thanksgiving Recipes
The Ultimate Thanksgiving Menu

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Winter Games!

Was I the only one disappointed by the opening ceremony for the Olympics? Don't get me wrong, I am sure they tried their best. It just was not good enough. I guess it's a reflection of the Canadian lifestyle. Simple,bland & boring...like their food. I have never had a really good meal in that country. I have been to Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto & Vancouver. Not one I can remember, except the one I cooked at my friends cottage. On a grill.

Grocery stores are really lackluster as well. They shop at the IGA (International Grocers Association). You can find some cool items there. Like the homeland favorite Butter Tart. Which is a Pecan Pie without the pecans. What...you people can't afford the nuts? Too ethnic?

Dinner out in Canada is like asking for a piece of cardboard with butter. I am sure I will get a lot of flak for saying this. But come on.... french fries and gravy. Wonderfully good...but really basic. I do however have to admit that the seafood is always a pleasure. Especially in Vancouver. Only the Today show has featured more sophisticated culinary restaurants. I just hope they do it soon!!!

We are winning gold medals though! Happy Tuesday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment