Wade's Thanksgiving Recipes

Wade's Thanksgiving Recipes
The Ultimate Thanksgiving Menu

Monday, February 8, 2010

Thanks Ground Hog!!!

Just like everone else, I too am getting sick of Old Man Winter! Don't get me wrong, I love the cold and snow. But enough already!!!! As a chef I cook seasonally. And right now, I am sick of cooking winter dishes! But can't stop until the Spring comes.

People like to eat comfort food during this season. So comfort food you get. Soups, Roasts, Potatoes & Burgers. No wonder why we all gain that extra 10 pounds. As soon as the warmth heads our way so do the great spring vegetables. And lighter dishes. For some reason warmer temperatures, changes the way you eat.


When I was traveling Europe in the spring/summer, that's when I discovered how to cook for the season. In France, Germany & Italy they all rarely have a big meal. In the South Of France. A dinner usually consist of a nice Charcuterie, Cheeses & Baguette. Wonderful tomatoes & pickled veggies. And booze! I cannot wait to turn the calendar anticipating the warmth and delicious dishes! Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment