Wade's Thanksgiving Recipes

Wade's Thanksgiving Recipes
The Ultimate Thanksgiving Menu

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Icon

Every now and then I get a little star struck. In this case I am in total awe! Last week were the Grammy's. And I happend to be invited to one of the hottest Grammty parties in town. I don't want to seem like I am on a high horse or anything. But this party was one that I really had to go to. John Varvatos was one of my first clients when I started PICNIC! Since then I have tried to pursue the same caliber of people to work with. When I first started with JV and his team, I was so honored. They are wonderful, stylish and fun. With their New York attitude and oblivion to LA celebrity. It was a great introduction on working with a real, no attitude ensemble. I first met JV while driving down Robertson Blvd. Funny right? As soon as I saw the larger than life COMING SOON billboard, I knew that I had to somehow get that party. At least get in with the fashion elite. Well I did...and have felt like part of the family ever since.

Five years later after winning numerous fashion awards and sitting on the council for the CFDA. John Varvatos remains John Varvatos. Always with a smile, hand shake and hug he greats me. Not to mention the numerous suits, shirts, jeans and sunglasses that he has provided to me. Why? I don't know? Maybe because he is just a good guy. His character speaks to a lot of people. Any man who likes well made clothes with a classic style, wears JV. Including me. I might not be a big celebrity, but JV has always treated me like one. That's why he is an icon and a friend. What a PICNIC to be in his company! Lucky me!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment